Monday, May 28, 2018

Life, Faith and Getting it Right: The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck


Image result for the secret life of sarah hollenbeck
Sarah Hollenbeck a.k.a. Raine de Bourgh has made a name for herself writing secular, sizzling, romance novels. When she's saved through the witnessing of her friend Piper, she struggles to reconcile her past with her future in Christ.

The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck is Ms. Bethany Turner's debut novel and I hope will not be her last! Recently, I had the pleasure of meeting Ms. Turner. She was hilarious, sincere, down-to- earth, and straightaway put me at ease.

The author doesn't shy away from candidly exploring the trials of the Christian Life that we experience in today's society.

How Ms. Turner presented the character of Sarah was unique. She doesn't overly describe what she looks like and in this case I think it was smart because the reader can form their own idea of how they imagine her appearance.

Sarah is genuine in her newfound faith if not somewhat hilariously misguided at times.

If Sarah Hollenbeck stepped from the pages of this book I have a feeling we would have been friends in real life.

From the second she meets Ben Delany I was instantly caught up in their whirlwind romance. I appreciated that both Sarah and Ben strove to honor God in their relationship.

I'd love if the author wrote more books about Ben and Sarah. Not quite ready to say goodbye to these characters yet. Also, can the best friend Piper please get her own happy ending?!

 The cultural references cleverly woven into scenes to add humor or make a point was hands down my favorite part of the book. I also enjoyed the witty chapter titles. It piques your curiosity and makes you want to read further.


Congrats Ms. Turner on a delightful, charming, and funny debut novel.




No comments:

Post a Comment