Wednesday, January 10, 2024

The Juliet Code is Whodunnit Mystery

 


Fellow bookworms have raved about author Pepper Basham's books to me for a few years and after reading The Juliet Code I can see why. I'm a little late in jumping on the Pepper Basham bandwagon, but better late than never. 

The Juliet Code is the third book in A Freddie and Grace Mystery following The Mistletoe Countess and The Cairo Curse

Fredrick and Grace Percy are finally on their delayed honeymoon in Italy when they are unwittingly pulled into an art heist mystery when they discover their friend Detective Jack Miracle is in the city asking for their help. 

I loved Grace's passion and recall of the novels including referencing characters and places. This trait made her such a unique and delightful heroine. 

Freddie and Grace as a couple, I so enjoyed their quick-witted verbal interactions and how well they know each other, but also have a deep love and affection for one another. Their relationship was probably my favorite feature of the story. Not sure if this was the author's intention, but Fredrick and Grace reminded me of the fictional silver screen husband and wife sleuths Nick and Nora Charles portrayed in the Thin Man movies.

 As we begin a new year the theme throughout the book of Christ being the Author of our lives and in control of all struck a chord with me and I thought was a good reminder going into 2024. 

Author Pepper Basham's style of writing in The Juliet Code reminded me somewhat of popular mystery author Agatha Christie. If you're a fan of this author whose name is synonymous with mystery you need you check out The Juliet Code. I will definitely be adding The Mistletoe Countess and The Cairo Curse to my TBR pile!

Have you ever read any Agatha Christie books? Did you like them?  

Reading is an adventure, 

Emilee 


No comments:

Post a Comment