Little Creek Children's Librarian Martha Aldridge's position and programs are getting cut from the library.
Julien King is under pressure to turn around the failing children's imprint at his father's publishing company in order to prove he's ready to take over as CEO.
Martha and Julien's love story is so sweet. I liked how Martha describes falling in love with Julien like coming home. Who doesn't want this kind of love?
If you love rom coms that are first crush, age-gap, middle-aged romance (it's me, I'm the one. Oh, wait I'm also middle aged.) and Sabrina vibes you need to add Bookmarked for Love at the top of your precarious TBR pile. It was so great to see an older hero and heroine in a rom-com. I'd love to see more romances with older characters.
One of my favorite surprises...no annoying third act break-up in Bookmarked for Love. It was nice to see a romance flourishing without unnecessary drama.
If you've read An Overdue Match and Hearts in Circulation, I liked how the author brings in Evangeline and Hayley from the other books. It made you feel like it was a full circle moment. I wouldn't complain if Sarah wanted to revisit the delightful trio of librarians from Little Creek.
Martha is one of those heroines you find yourself rooting for. Her servant's heart for others especially children and her love of literature. I also liked that she's confident in who she is. I loved her sweet, genuine spirit. Julien is equally compelling, balancing vulnerability with determination, and he delivers more than a few swoon-worthy lines that have been living rent-free in my head ever since I closed the book.
Because of this I'd probably rate Bookmarked for Love as a solid 4.5 out of 5 stars. It's a romance filled with bookish charm, loveable characters, and a satisfying happily ever after that I won't soon forget.

No comments:
Post a Comment