Wednesday, September 23, 2026

The Marquess's Masked Archer is a Charming Romance

 


Abbey Downey is a new-to-me author, and I was excited to be on her influencer team for The Marquess's Masked Archer part of her new series Headliners and Heartstrings. The vibrant green and red caught my eye and that fact that both the hero and heroine are on the cover. It made me want to read the book before I knew anything about it. That's the power of an intriguing cover!

Sylvie Bryce longs for a life of her own. She'd rather be the mysterious Lady Robin a trick-shot archer who wows audiences than be paraded about Cleveland society balls.

Miles Wentworth, Marquess came to Ohio to study insects, to avoid scandal and prove that a man can build life on his own terms. What he didn't expect was the fall in love.

I was reminded of fellow Gilded Age author Jen Turano when I read The Marquess' Masked Archer. There's a similar combination of historical charm, humor, memorable characters, and a romance that kept me turning pages. 

My favorite part of the story was how the author built the romance between Sylvie and Miles. Their relationship developed naturally and I enjoyed watching them get to know each other while figuring out what they wanted from life. Watching these characters that didn't fit into the mold of society at the time find their way to each other was such a fun part of the story.

If you enjoy historical romances with mystery, characters with plenty of personality The Marquess' Masked Archer is definitely one to add to your TBR list. 

I'd rate this story a solid 4 stars out of 5 and am looking forward to seeing what this author has in store for the rest of the Headliners and Heartstrings series. 



No comments:

Post a Comment