Thursday, September 19, 2024

A Not so Fictional Fall is a Sweet and Swoony Romance

 


Ahh L'Amour! (That's love in French.) Imagine finding out your favorite romance author who you thought was female was a male author writing under a non de plume? How would you react? Tasha Pierson gets the surprise of a lifetime finding out at a book conference that Amelie De Pierre is actually Pierre Toussaint.  A handsome Frenchman who looks like the ultimate book boyfriend with black rimmed, Clark Kent-like glasses and also did I mention the accent? Oui! 

It's not very often that I find my favorite trope aka marriage of convenience stories in contemporary romance fiction. I was curious and intrigued to see how new-to-me author Savannah Scott would handle this storyline in a modern-day romance. I enjoyed Savannah Scott's witty and engaging writing and look forward to reading more books by her. 

A Not so Fictional Fall is a dual POV novel which I've noticed is a popular trend in contemporary fiction stories nowadays. One of the funniest laugh-out-loud quotes is on page 25...did you flip to the page to find it? I'll wait... I'm chuckling just thinking about it. 

There are a few French words I had to look up. For example, Pierre called Tasha 'Cher' I was thinking he can't be calling her Cher after the pop icon- Cher. I found out 'Cher' means dear. I may have audibly 'awed' every time after Pierre called Tasha 'Cher.' Knowing this also amped up Pierre's romantic side for me. 

Overall I rate this 4 out of 5 stars. For me, the first half of the book carried the second half. The ending in my opinion was a little too rushed, but it is still a really enjoyable read.  

If you're looking for a sweet, funny. romantic read this fall look no further than A Not so Fictional Fall. If you enjoy suspending reality and getting lost in the story, then this is for you. After all, isn't that was fiction is for?  

Reading is an adventure,

Emilee

No comments:

Post a Comment