Monday, December 4, 2023

All's Fair in Love and Christmas is a Sweet Romance

 


Sarah Monzon is a new-to-me author and her newest release All's Fair in Love and Christmas has been infiltrating my social media newsfeeds that I had to read it and I'm so glad I did.

Mackenzie Graham is a talented graphic designer whose socially awkward tendencies keep her in the background and not front and center. Her boss informs her that she'll be competing against co-worker Jeremy Fletcher for a promotion to be announced at the Christmas office party. This pushed Mackenzie way outside of her comfort zone.  One character trait of Mackenzie's I appreciated was how she genuinely listened to her co-workers memories of childhood Christmases and tried to re-create these memories. This quality endeared Mackenzie to me. 

Single guardian to his twin nephew and niece, Jeremy Fletcher has ambitions for his family and wants to win the promotion. What he doesn't expect is to be intrigued and distracted by his rival co-worker Mackenzie. 

All's Fair in Love and Christmas had a depth to characters and storyline I wasn't expecting, but pleasantly surprised to find. Both Mackenzie and Jeremy had legitimate reasons for wanting the promotion. 

The author's use of pop culture references was so funny and engaging. Very well done and inspired me in my own writing. Being an avid movie and TV buff her references were right up my lane of humor. It made me want to read more books by this author.

Cozy up with All's Fair in Love and Christmas. It's the perfect holiday read that'll melt your heart and get you excited about the holiday season. 

Happy reading, and may your holidays be filled with the magic of great books!


No comments:

Post a Comment